I must start this post with a confession: I don’t wear makeup daily and sometimes if we have a quiet weekend I don’t wear makeup for over a week. When I wake up in the morning I’m “on the go” with my girls and I just don’t have time for myself. And honestly, I feel comfortable in my own skin. That being said, I love the way I look wearing makeup and I know how to apply it in a way that brings out the best of me.
Over the years, when ever I would get my makeup professionally done, I would ask as many questions as I could to learn what is the best way for me to apply makeup. What products should I use, what tools are recommended for me, etc. The result is that when I do wear makeup it suits me perfectly. I don’t know how to do smoky eyes, but I do know how to flawlessly apply red lipstick, and basically, that’s all you need to know in life.
The items below are my bullet proof, go-to, can’t go wrong products, and the most important thing – they always produce the same result: me looking at my best.
Here’s my list:
- Concealer – Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat makes my eyes look as if I slept a good 10 hour sleep. It takes all the darkness away and brings light. Some days, it’s the only thing I put on.
- Primer – Lancome La Base Pro Makeup Primer is surprisingly very light. It makes the surface of the skin smooth and moist. It keeps the makeup look good even after wearing it all day long.
- Makeup – Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour is the makeup I’m using at the moment. I keep switching them, but I’m happy with it because, I will always get complements that I’m “glowing” with it.
- Blush – During the winter months when I’m as pale as the snow outside, I use Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic. I just love everything about it, especially that it is very subtle. During the summer I love NARS Orgasam. I think you have to experience it on yourself, but it just makes the world better, more confident.
- Eyebrow – I’m a firm believer that everything starts and ends with eyebrows. You have to keep them in shape, take good care of them because, they rarely forgive you and grow back. The CHANEL sculpting eyebrow pencil just makes the job easy.
- Lips – Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine is the best lipstick out there. I have them in so many colors it’s disturbing. They just make my lips feel soft and shine bright like a diamond…
- Mascara – Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara makes my eyes look as if I have big full lashes. What more can you ask for?
- Eye shadow – Dex of DEX New York is an amazing makeup artist. He creates the most beautiful shades of colors. My favorite color is the “Grand Central” brown. It makes my boring brown eyes looks like something special.