I am often asked about my skincare routine or my favorite products. So, I decided to share with you my skincare essentials. And no, I am not some kind of a beauty guru, far from it. I am just a busy mom trying to get it all done with only 24 hours in a day.
I think the most important advice I ever got was about water, and how essential it is for a beautiful skin. I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me especially in these long, dry winter months. When there is a day that I don’t drink enough I can see the effects immediately – my skin looks dry and faded. I also keep a very balanced diet consisting of a lot of vegetables, fruit and grains. Oh, don’t get me wrong I have my caffeine fix 3 times a day and my white wine in the evening, but I try to treat my body with respect and feed it well!
The products below are my day-to-day skincare routine. In my opinion, you need to try a product for a month before deciding if it’s right for you or not. Sometimes, especially after switching products, it takes the skin a while to adjust.
OK, so what do we have here?
- Face wash – I love the gel texture of this face wash. I feel that it just takes the day away and leaves my skin really clean.
- Serum – I didn’t really start using it until my 30th birthday. I think that now, I need to change gear and start thinking of preemptive measures. It is light, refreshing and gentle on the skin.
- BB cream – I don’t wear make-up on a regular basis. I think that up until recently I didn’t think I need it. What I love about the NARS bb cream, is that it comes in 15 shades, so I was able to find a perfect match. It hydrates the skin and makes me look glowing and fresh. I absolutely LOVE it!
- Make up remover – I never ever go to sleep with my make up on. That does the job without the need to “rub” your eyes to take the Mascara off.
- Eye cream – because, even I can see the fine lines and wish to make them go away.
- Face cream – Michigan in the winter is a very dry place and my skin tends to dry. This cream is like applying butter on your face. It is so thick and rich that it creates a barrier between my face and the elements. I only use it in the winter months, because it can be too heavy for the summer. But, for now, It’s a life saver.